You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change inbox label for custom domain iCloud email

Hi all,

So normally changing the labels of your inbox is super easy. I go with "Personal" (a gmail) and "SVG LLC" (my company).

Today I set up my @svg.llc email domain using the iCloud custom domain functionality.

I was able to easily change the name of the inbox in Mail app on my Mac from iCloud to SVG LLC as in screen shot below here:

However the when you go to the normal location to change inbox labels in iOS, you are routed to the iCloud page, where there seems to be no option to change the inbox label name.

Am I missing it?

Typically you can go to Settings » Mail » Accounts and upon clicking the account, change the field that says "Description" which changes the label of the inbox on the front end (see below screenshots).

However clicking the iCloud inbox takes you to this screen:

And then under "iCloud Mail" there is no "label" or "description" of the inbox I can find to edit so that I may differentiate my personal emails from my work email domains.

Am I missing it? Or is this a bit of a design flaw?

I changed "Name" for iCloud Account Information to SVG LLC but that did not change the inbox labels. I'm thinking that field might be for my name?

All in all this has me a bit confused. Any help is welcome — thanks!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 11:30 AM

Hello seanivore,

All you've found is correct as you cannot change the overall name for the iCloud account name for Mail. It will always be named 'iCloud.'

If you'd like to leave feedback, you can do so here: Product Feedback - Apple

Kind regards.

Similar questions

2 replies

Change inbox label for custom domain iCloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.