You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off notifications when using FaceTime

Hello.

My question is: how do I stop notifications while I am using FaceTime?

Description: When I am on FaceTime I get interruptions from notifications. It might be a phone call, it might be a reminder, it might be an app. I want to be able to turn these off while I am on FaceTime so that they don’t interrupt my FaceTime calls.

Specifics: 

• I have an iPhone 13 pro with iOS 15.5
  • In Settings-Focus-Do Not Disturb, in the Allowed Notifications, People box: I have just the contact that I want to allow.

In the Apps box I just 

have Messenger. There 

is no option for adding 

FaceTime.

Down under Turn On 

Automatically, I have the

FaceTime app set to On  

so that Do not Disturb 

will be turned on when 

using FaceTime and go 

off when not on 

FaceTime.

• With these settings, I cannot receive the call from my contact. I have to turn Do Not Disturb back off, then I get all of the notifications.

Possible Fix: Take Messenger off of the allowable apps. I think that I have tried this before but I will try it again.

Any thoughts on how to block all of the notifications when on FaceTime?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 4:07 PM

If I understand you correctly then you want DND enabled while you are on a FaceTime call. Create an Automation as shown in the Pic below in the Shortcuts App.

2 replies

How to turn off notifications when using FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.