You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark mode with light mail messages

Monterey seems to have lost the option to view messages in light mode while the system is in dark mode. It seems so logical to have the system in the background and the messages (most of which have been created to work in light mode and which invariably look more natural in that mode) clear and prominent in the foreground.

I'm sure some like to use dark mode in darkened rooms to reduce glare, but for many of us, it enables us to focus on the content (just as it does in Safari, Pages, Keynote and most other applications).

There used to be a check box to enable this. Is there any other way to reinstate it?

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 3:07 AM

5 replies

Jun 9, 2022 2:53 AM in response to Luke Christian

I have the similar problem. I can't get messages to present in dark mode whilst in dark mode. The above poster's option simply doesn't work. I use Dark Mode, not Auto. I've restarted. Reset. Tried using Light Mode and switching, etc. In fact, in Light Mode, there IS NO OPTION, at all, to view Messages in Dark Mode like dialabrain suggests.

Dark mode with light mail messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.