You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete/kill off my @Mac.com email address?

After using my @Mac.com email address for nearly 25 years, my inbox in the last 6 months is flooded with spam email with malicious content. Setting rules and junk filters do no good at all, they just keep filling up my inbox. I want to delete the Mac.com address and start using my @iCloud.com and @me.com addresses.

How do I delete my @Mac.com address so that nothing will be delivered to that address?

On a side note, I changed all my accounts IDs to @iCloud and updated my email addresses on all my important accounts, eg. bank, friends, MD, etc.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:51 AM

See the article Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

You don't need to create a mail address say example1@icloud.com , but you had already created an Apple ID say example2@icloud.com from another device like iPhone / iPad or other Mac this Apple ID has to be updated on the Mac What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Once Apple ID is established you can delete the Apple ID ending with Mac.com About your Apple ID email addresses – Apple Support

Delete an additional email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
  3. To delete one of your additional email addresses, click the Remove button  next to it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2022 6:51 AM in response to Community User

See the article Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

You don't need to create a mail address say example1@icloud.com , but you had already created an Apple ID say example2@icloud.com from another device like iPhone / iPad or other Mac this Apple ID has to be updated on the Mac What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Once Apple ID is established you can delete the Apple ID ending with Mac.com About your Apple ID email addresses – Apple Support

Delete an additional email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
  3. To delete one of your additional email addresses, click the Remove button  next to it.

Jun 4, 2022 7:27 AM in response to Community User

Another method is sign out Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support existing Apple ID ending with Mac.com and sign in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support with new Apple ID example2@icloud.com

Third method change your Apple ID Change your Apple ID - Apple Support and delete the mail account ending with Mac.com from Mac system preferences > internet accounts Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Jun 4, 2022 7:07 AM in response to tygb

I spent an hour on the phone with apple tech support yesterday and went through all the options you outlined and still I get emails addressed to my @Mac.com address. The final solution offered to stop receiving malicious spam emails at my @Mac.com address would be for me to delete my iCloud account (a nuclear option) and set up a new account. That's an über draconian solution, but if I do that, I'll have to back up all my iCloud data and then go through a painstaking task of trying to rebuild a new iCloud account, without a @Mac.com address.

How to delete/kill off my @Mac.com email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.