You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow download speeds on the Music app

Why are download speeds so very slow on the Music app? iTunes app used to be so easy to use and to sync with other devices. Now I'm finding Music extremely clunky to use and I need it for my work, so it's quite frustrating. Having an Apple Music Subscription won't really solve this, and I don't want to pay for it either. Can anyone help?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 8:34 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 2, 2022 9:27 AM in response to mummymezzo

Hello mummymezzo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You mentioned concern with downloading content through the Music app on your MacBook Air. The first goal will be to rule out if the issue is specific to Music or with your overall network speed on your MacBook Air.

Do you notice any other download or network speed issues with any other apps?

If you are connected to a different Wi-Fi network with your Mac, do Music download speeds improve?

Do you use a VPN or any security software on your Mac?

We'd also recommend making sure your macOS is fully updated.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to working on this with you.

Take care.

Slow download speeds on the Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.