You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey on Mac Mini M1

Only had the Mac Mini M1 for 5 months and so many problems with software. Originally arrived with Big Sur but then updated to Monterey. Disc Utility will not open and also Safari. I am not impressed with this at all. Might just go back to my Macbook Pro 2009 which has been 100% reliable since day one 12 years ago.

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on May 28, 2022 4:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 10:23 AM

Hi Derek

Thanks for your reply. After multiple attempts to use Disc Utility and having it send reports to Apple I deleted it. So I cannot resolve anything now from you assistance.

No problem, I will just use my 2009 MacBook Pro,s Disc Utility to use.

Kind regards

4 replies

May 29, 2022 8:14 AM in response to kfoto

Hi kfoto,

We see you're having some issues with your Mac. Are you having issues in addition to Disk Utility and Safari not opening? Also, have you tried restarting yet? Which exact macOS version are you using under Apple menu () > About This Mac.

Let us know the details. As a starting point, this might be helpful for troubleshooting: If your Mac runs slowly - Apple Support

Best wishes.

May 30, 2022 6:28 AM in response to kfoto

kfoto,

Take a moment to boot your Mac up into safe mode: Start up your Mac in safe mode

Once in safe mode, try opening Disk Utility again. If it opens, restart your Mac to exit safe mode and test if the issue then returns.

If it does, this may be related to third-party apps or extensions given those are disabled in safe mode. If needed, check what 3rd party apps load on startup under System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. You can remove a process from starting as soon as the Mac does by highlighting it, then selecting the minus symbol.

Cheers!

May 30, 2022 2:36 AM in response to ryane77

Hi ryanne,

Thanks for the reply. Well a strange thing has suddenly happened after 5 months, Safari has opened today. So it is just Disc Utility that will not open and sends a report to Apple. I used to use it frequently to format my flash drives.

MacOS is 12.4 and this Mac Mini is extremely fast, no problem there.

Kind regards

Monterey on Mac Mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.