You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27inch Hard Drive showing wrong information about Documents

My 1 TB SSD drive on my iMac 27 inch says I have used 776 Gigs for Documents, but in reality it is 156 KB. !! Why is this happening , and how can I fix this ?

I ignore it and assume I can use the Hard Drive anyway, as the real total usage is more like 250 Gigs for everything I have.

Anybody have this experience and found a solution ??

Posted on May 27, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 12:41 PM

Try the following: How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support. It might take a while before the sizes are updated.

8 replies

May 27, 2022 12:09 PM in response to ku4hx

I found what you indicated, a Purgeable space of 2Gigs. But this in no way accounts for 776 Gigs used. - for Documents.

If there was a way to actually see what the 776 gigs represented, I could possibly delete it. But since I believe nothing is there, finding it would be useless. Why this is happening is a better problem to solve. And strangely, I cannot find any info on why this is occurring. Thanks……

david

iMac 27inch Hard Drive showing wrong information about Documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.