You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store says there’s an issue with a family members billing when trying to download an app

Everytime i try to download an app even if it’s free it says there’s an issue with a family members billing. Makes no sense I’m not apart of any kind of family sharing. It’s to the point where I can’t even update apps.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 12:50 AM

it says there’s an issue with a family members billing. Makes no sense I’m not apart of any kind of family sharing.

Just for sure check -> see this Apple article: Leave Family Sharing

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

It’s to the point where I can’t even update apps.

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

Or -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2022 12:50 AM in response to destinyw16

it says there’s an issue with a family members billing. Makes no sense I’m not apart of any kind of family sharing.

Just for sure check -> see this Apple article: Leave Family Sharing

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

It’s to the point where I can’t even update apps.

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

Or -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

App Store says there’s an issue with a family members billing when trying to download an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.