You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock SIM with PIN and PUK

Hi all. I have a SIM card from NOS Portugal that I'm having trouble unlocking on my phone. On my previous phone, it would ask for the PIN and PUK and then just let me in. Now, it asks for the PIN, then the PUK, and then wants me to create a new PIN. This process fails. Any idea what to do here?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:55 AM

See this Apple article: Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad

Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

⤵️

If you forgot or don't know your SIM PIN

Never try to guess a SIM PIN or PUK code.* The wrong guess can permanently lock your SIM card, and then you would need a new SIM card. If your device asks for a PIN or code that you don't know, here's what to do:

1. Contact the carrier that gave you the SIM card. If you aren't sure which carrier to call, remove your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card and check the card for the carrier's name or logo.

2. Ask your carrier to help you unlock your SIM card using the default SIM PIN or PUK code. 
  3. If you can't unlock your SIM card using the SIM PIN or PUK code or if an alert says, "PUK exhausted," ask for a new SIM card.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2022 6:55 AM in response to bugguts83

⤵️

If you forgot or don't know your SIM PIN

Never try to guess a SIM PIN or PUK code.* The wrong guess can permanently lock your SIM card, and then you would need a new SIM card. If your device asks for a PIN or code that you don't know, here's what to do:

1. Contact the carrier that gave you the SIM card. If you aren't sure which carrier to call, remove your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card and check the card for the carrier's name or logo.

2. Ask your carrier to help you unlock your SIM card using the default SIM PIN or PUK code. 
  3. If you can't unlock your SIM card using the SIM PIN or PUK code or if an alert says, "PUK exhausted," ask for a new SIM card.

May 19, 2022 6:45 AM in response to bugguts83

Have you forgotten your password? -> See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Unlock SIM with PIN and PUK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.