You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel MacBook Pro Screen Flicker

Hi All,

My screen has started flickering/blinking. I've tried all the steps listed on many websites and the only thing that causes it to stop blinking is booting it in safe mode. However, when I book back in normal mode the blinking resumes.

Is there anything I can do while in safe mode to copy those settings back into normal mode?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 16, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 6:48 AM

MacBookProUser987 wrote:

Hi All,

My screen has started flickering/blinking. I've tried all the steps listed on many websites and the only thing that causes it to stop blinking is booting it in safe mode. However, when I book back in normal mode the blinking resumes.

Is there anything I can do while in safe mode to copy those settings back into normal mode?

Thanks in advance!

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc hampering smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

If this mac has two GPU try the Integrated GPU only and compare your results

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2022 6:48 AM in response to MacBookProUser987

MacBookProUser987 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc hampering smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

If this mac has two GPU try the Integrated GPU only and compare your results

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Intel MacBook Pro Screen Flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.