You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now Playing in Mac menu bar does not show track progress

When I am playing music from Apple Music and click the Now Playing icon in the menu bar, the track progress often does not show. The elapsed and total time are both shown as "--:--". If I pause the song and resume from the Now Playing menu, the time will appear, but this is an annoying workaround. This issue was previous raised here and seems to be unresolved: Issue with Now Playing in Mac Menu Bar - … - Apple Community

I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Monterey 12.3.1.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 13, 2022 8:58 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 14, 2022 10:49 AM in response to blatantcontent

Hey there, blatantcontent.

Have you tested the issue in safe mode? We ask, because safe mode disables certain software that could be contributing to the cause of the issue.

"Intel processor

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.
  2. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
  3. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window." How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, create a new admin user and test to see if you are able to duplicate the issue. This will help to isolate the issue to your specific user or the entire system. Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

May 14, 2022 9:18 AM in response to blatantcontent

blatantcontent wrote:

When I am playing music from Apple Music and click the Now Playing icon in the menu bar, the track progress often does not show. The elapsed and total time are both shown as "--:--". If I pause the song and resume from the Now Playing menu, the time will appear, but this is an annoying workaround. This issue was previous raised here and seems to be unresolved: Issue with Now Playing in Mac Menu Bar - … - Apple Community

I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Monterey 12.3.1.

You can file a bug report—

submit your Apple Feedback/bug report here: Product Feedback - Apple

Now Playing in Mac menu bar does not show track progress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.