You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular for Apple Watch

I want cellular on my Apple Watch when my phone is off I want my watch to work

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:32 PM

Did you buy an Apple Watch with GPS+Cellular? If yes you will have a red ring on the Digital Crown. If you have it check with your cell service provider and see if they support the Apple Watch and if they do start a new line to set it up.

If you do not have the red ring you have a GPS only watch. You would need to buy a new watch with cellular hardware to use it. P.S. if your iPhone is turned off even the cellular watch will not be able to send/receive SMS texts.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2022 6:32 PM in response to Pinchewey09

Did you buy an Apple Watch with GPS+Cellular? If yes you will have a red ring on the Digital Crown. If you have it check with your cell service provider and see if they support the Apple Watch and if they do start a new line to set it up.

If you do not have the red ring you have a GPS only watch. You would need to buy a new watch with cellular hardware to use it. P.S. if your iPhone is turned off even the cellular watch will not be able to send/receive SMS texts.

Cellular for Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.