You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular on watch

I work in a school. When I leave my phone in my office and walk around the building, my watch shows a red 'x' top-center and I do not get any notifications. What can I do to get notifications/reminders/texts when my phone is not with me? (this happened the whole time with my Series 3 and I just got the Series 7 thinking I 'just' needed to upgrade)

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 11, 2022 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:24 AM

if the esim is activated with your carrier then I would speak to them first

otherwise then if it was me I would return the watch under warranty because of a non-working cellular system

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

3 replies

May 12, 2022 4:54 PM in response to Rudegar

I so wish you were right. Unfortunately, it is a cellular watch. The emblem even turns green showing me it’s activated. Just today I was in a meeting without my phone and I missed a few important texts… ugh. And my phone sat in my office with a set alarm going off while I was unaware (the poor class next door got to listen to it for a while…)

Cellular on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.