You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery

What is the normal battery drain in hour without use ?

I phone 13

All background apps are closed

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:17 AM

Yes. There are always things going on, even when the screen is locked. Using the higher number, and assuming you charge overnight, 2% per hour means it will drop by 24% over the course of a 12 hour daytime, ending in the evening above 70%. That would be considered very good battery life. My phone usually is at 30% in the evening.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Hishamhamdy

Yes. There are always things going on, even when the screen is locked. Using the higher number, and assuming you charge overnight, 2% per hour means it will drop by 24% over the course of a 12 hour daytime, ending in the evening above 70%. That would be considered very good battery life. My phone usually is at 30% in the evening.

May 7, 2022 12:06 PM in response to Hishamhamdy

There is no “normal” - every phone is different. What you describe as “background apps are closed” makes no difference, and if you do it on a regular basis it can actually make battery drain worse. See→Do not close "background" apps | Communities

As a general rule of thumb if you charge the phone overnight, every night (a best practice) you should be able to use the phone all day without having to charge it, and you will end the day with 20% to 40% left.

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.