You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the audio on my watch while speaking on the phone used to come though loud enough that I could easily have a phone conversation without moving my wrist. Now the audio is very soft.

Is there any way to turn the speaker function back on for my watch's phone? I have never put it in water or dropped it and I charge the watch each night. I have already checked the settings to make sure that the audio volume is set to the maximum.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on May 7, 2022 5:17 AM

2 replies

May 8, 2022 7:57 AM in response to Clairegranowitz

Hello Clairegranowitz,

To help resolve the issue with the sound on your Apple Watch, make sure the Apple Watch and iPhone is up-to-date: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

To update manually, use these steps: 
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab. 
2. Tap General > Software Update.
3. Download the update. If asked for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, enter it. 
4. Wait for the progress wheel to appear on your Apple Watch. It could take from several minutes to an hour for the update to complete. 

Update iPhone manually
At any time, you can check for and install software updates.
Go to Settings  > General > Software Update.
The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.
To turn off automatic updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates.

If the same the issue persists, unpair the Apple Watch and pair it again. Test to see if the sound is low in different locations: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

the audio on my watch while speaking on the phone used to come though loud enough that I could easily have a phone conversation without moving my wrist. Now the audio is very soft.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.