You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 ECG Not Working?

Hello everyone!

I've had my apple watch for a few months now and the ECG app suddenly stopped working. At first, I could get it to work by pressing the crown while in the app, but now I can't get it to work at all.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I've tried cleaning it with gentle soap, running it under water, restarting my apple watch, etc. I feel like I've exhausted everything I can do. Meanwhile, everything else on my watch works perfectly. I'm at a loss as to what to do know, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:26 AM

Have you relocated to a country or region where ECGs are legally restricted? If so, this is expected.

Countries and regions: watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

General info: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have not, then use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss this with Apple.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 7:26 AM in response to Foxenfriend

Have you relocated to a country or region where ECGs are legally restricted? If so, this is expected.

Countries and regions: watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

General info: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have not, then use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss this with Apple.

May 2, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Foxenfriend

Plan B;

On your phone go to: Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings.

This will erase your settings (without losing any data) and will allow you to re-setup the health app and re-enable the ecg app.

Be aware though that this will delete any cards setup in apple pay.

Apple Watch Series 7 ECG Not Working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.