You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

waiting for activation

My iphone 13 will not connect to my phone number on imessage. My phone died, and when it turned back on it would not connect to my phone number. It just keeps saying "waiting for activation". I tried turning my phone off and on, turning imessage off and on, facetime off and on, nothing has worked.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 1, 2022 7:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 7:16 PM

erinm777 Said:

"waiting for activation: My iphone 13 will not connect to my phone number on imessage. My phone died, and when it turned back on it would not connect to my phone number. It just keeps saying 'waiting for activation'. I tried turning my phone off and on, turning imessage off and on, facetime off and on, nothing has worked."

-------

Getting Around this Error:

1. Go Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2022 7:16 PM in response to erinm777

erinm777 Said:

"waiting for activation: My iphone 13 will not connect to my phone number on imessage. My phone died, and when it turned back on it would not connect to my phone number. It just keeps saying 'waiting for activation'. I tried turning my phone off and on, turning imessage off and on, facetime off and on, nothing has worked."

-------

Getting Around this Error:

1. Go Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.

May 1, 2022 7:40 PM in response to erinm777

erinm777 Said:

"waiting for activation: My iphone 13 will not connect to my phone number on imessage. My phone died, and when it turned back on it would not connect to my phone number. It just keeps saying 'waiting for activation'.[...]"

-------

Two things:

"No Service"

Do you see "No Service" in the top-left cornet of the iPhone's screen. If so...

Visit this Site: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Contact your Carrier:

If it will not activate, contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Cellular.

waiting for activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.