You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the correct passcode and Apple ID. But I can’t get past the activation lock to set up the watch. It says Apple ID cannot be used

I have the correct Apple id and password to get past an activation lock for an Apple Watch but it won’t let me. I’ve got the previous opener to unpair it’s from their iCloud also. Why won’t it work?

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 3:05 PM

If it is still asking you for an Apple ID and password to remove Activation Lock from the Watch, then it has not been removed from the previous owner's account. If your Apple ID and password does not work, then it is still locked to the previous owner. Contact them again to see about getting it removed from their account. They need to follow the steps in this support document, What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 3:05 PM in response to Gleds2211T

If it is still asking you for an Apple ID and password to remove Activation Lock from the Watch, then it has not been removed from the previous owner's account. If your Apple ID and password does not work, then it is still locked to the previous owner. Contact them again to see about getting it removed from their account. They need to follow the steps in this support document, What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

I have the correct passcode and Apple ID. But I can’t get past the activation lock to set up the watch. It says Apple ID cannot be used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.