You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my iPhone cannot use my SIM card ?thanks

i can’t use my SIM card in my iPhone.it says that it need to be update first to make calls and text.thanks

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:47 AM

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless service provider. 
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Check for a service provider settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  4. Remove your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model of iPhone or iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it may not fit correctly.
  5. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your service provider's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You may need to replace your SIM card.

If you're still seeing an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple Support.

Find out what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 1:47 AM in response to roldan113

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless service provider. 
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Check for a service provider settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  4. Remove your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model of iPhone or iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it may not fit correctly.
  5. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your service provider's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You may need to replace your SIM card.

If you're still seeing an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple Support.

Find out what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

Why my iPhone cannot use my SIM card ?thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.