You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 cannot connect to MacBook Air M1/MacBook Pro M1 by MFi cable

My iPhone 13, MacBook Air M1 and MacBook Pro M1, all with the latest iOS(15.4.1)/macOS(12.3.1), with MFi USB-C cable, but the iPhone cannot connect to the MacBooks, iPhone's name can be identified and can be ejected in Finder, but a pop-up window says that "The contents of the iPhone "XXXX" could not be read. Click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings." I went through all the related articles from Apple Support, conduct all the suggestions, even change another MFi cable, and tried with lightning-USB-A cable with USB-A to USB-C adapter, but still unable to make the connection. It that I can only send my iPhone for inspection?

Thank you!

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 12:43 PM

Click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page to start the service process. Prior to doing so try the cable that came with your iPhone.

2 replies

iPhone 13 cannot connect to MacBook Air M1/MacBook Pro M1 by MFi cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.