You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove facetime icon from top right menu bar

I suddenly found the facetime icon at the top of my menu bar and I find it extremely distracting, especially since it's bright green in contrast to the other icons which are mostly just white. I can drag it while pressing command but I can't seem to get rid of it

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 12:28 PM

Hi there, katvana,

There are two places you can look to try removing the FaceTime icon from your menu bar.

1. Apple  menu > System Preferences > Dock & Menu Bar. Scroll through the listed apps to see if FaceTime is listed. If it is, uncheck the option to show in the menu bar. If it is not listed:
  2. Open the FaceTime app and select FaceTime > Preferences. Uncheck the option too how in the menu bar.

If there is no option under either location, please restart your computer in safe mode and see if the FaceTime icon appears there. If so, try the above steps while in safe mode. You can get more information on safe mode, including what it does, why it can be helpful, and how to boot to it here: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2022 12:28 PM in response to katvana

Hi there, katvana,

There are two places you can look to try removing the FaceTime icon from your menu bar.

1. Apple  menu > System Preferences > Dock & Menu Bar. Scroll through the listed apps to see if FaceTime is listed. If it is, uncheck the option to show in the menu bar. If it is not listed:
  2. Open the FaceTime app and select FaceTime > Preferences. Uncheck the option too how in the menu bar.

If there is no option under either location, please restart your computer in safe mode and see if the FaceTime icon appears there. If so, try the above steps while in safe mode. You can get more information on safe mode, including what it does, why it can be helpful, and how to boot to it here: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Best!

How to remove facetime icon from top right menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.