You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 9th generation is BRAND NEW and it keeps dying…won’t charge…and won’t stay alive long enough for me to do anything. I bought it for my 9 year old brother

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 6:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:31 AM

Are you using the charger which came with the iPad? Have you tried a different cable or charging plug? If you determined the cable and plug is working on other devices AND you have done the Forced Restart as directed in this link, then it would be time to use your warranty and have Apple check out the iPad at the Genius Bar at your Apple Store.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2022 7:31 AM in response to Tannerlevi1

Are you using the charger which came with the iPad? Have you tried a different cable or charging plug? If you determined the cable and plug is working on other devices AND you have done the Forced Restart as directed in this link, then it would be time to use your warranty and have Apple check out the iPad at the Genius Bar at your Apple Store.

My iPad 9th generation is BRAND NEW and it keeps dying…won’t charge…and won’t stay alive long enough for me to do anything. I bought it for my 9 year old brother

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.