You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad

My iPad says

ipad is disabled

connect to I tunes

it won’t let me do anything to it turned it off and in again but still the same any ideas?

iPad Air 2, iOS 11

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 4:25 AM

There is no option but to wipe the iPad. Shut down the iPad by holding down the power button and sliding the slider and connect the USB end of the cable to a computer with iTunes. Turn on your iPad holding the power and home button. Let go of the power button and connect the other end of the cable to the iPad. You should see a sign of an iTunes logo or a cable going to a computer with a support link. Open iTunes on the computer and you should see a message. Click restore. Do not disconnect the iPad. Once it’s done, if you backed the iPad up before this happened, go through the setup options until you get the option to restore from an iCloud or computer backup. Select the backup you made and let it restore. Otherwise, go through the set up process

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2022 4:25 AM in response to Debby1127

There is no option but to wipe the iPad. Shut down the iPad by holding down the power button and sliding the slider and connect the USB end of the cable to a computer with iTunes. Turn on your iPad holding the power and home button. Let go of the power button and connect the other end of the cable to the iPad. You should see a sign of an iTunes logo or a cable going to a computer with a support link. Open iTunes on the computer and you should see a message. Click restore. Do not disconnect the iPad. Once it’s done, if you backed the iPad up before this happened, go through the setup options until you get the option to restore from an iCloud or computer backup. Select the backup you made and let it restore. Otherwise, go through the set up process

I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.