You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy/Paste function reduced in 15.4 iOS?

I lost the ability to copy/paste formatted text from a word processing app to school-based Brightspace (on any browser). Is there anyone else that has this problem since the iOS 15.4 update?

I am using both Chrome & Safari for browsers on my iPad Pro 11. I have tried copy/paste from MS Word and Pages, same result ... it does not paste formatting, footnotes, etc.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 8:53 AM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2022 9:13 AM in response to Pkwwjd

Hello Pkwwjd,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to copy and paste from an app like Pages to a website you use for school on your iPad. If this is only an issue with this specific website, contact them for help with their website to see if they have a workaround or to fix this:

How to contact an app developer

Cheers!

Apr 7, 2022 2:54 AM in response to jdo_apple

This is not specific to the website, but rather the update to iOS 15.4 … until that update, copy/paste was possible with full formatting: i.e., when copying bulleted points, the subsequent paste would also be bulleted. Before the update, it did not matter what app/browser was being copied from or pasted to, the resulting paste would have the full formatted text. Now it is hit or miss and most often miss, most often the pasted text is plain text with no formatting. That is why I am reaching out on an Apple forum, it is clearly tied to the 15.4 update based on timing.

Copy/Paste function reduced in 15.4 iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.