You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the Safari app pack on my iPhone erased it by mistake

How do I get the safari icon app back on my iPhone 11

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 3:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 4:08 PM

It isn’t possible to delete the Safari app or icon from your phone. You also might need to update your software. If you removed it from the Home Screen, go to the App Library, and search for “Safari”. Then drag the icon to the Home Screen.

3 replies

Apr 4, 2022 4:16 PM in response to Mitzysdad

It's possible to accidentally move or remove an app. Almost too easy. Safari itself doesn't get deleted though. Just swipe left (at least twice) until the App Library shows up. It might not show up there, but you can enter Safari in a search at the top. Once it comes up, you can just drag the icon to wherever you want it to be.

Most apps don't show up in App Library once they're removed, but built-in apps that can't be deleted will still be there and don't need to be reloaded per se.

Apr 4, 2022 4:19 PM in response to caedmon65

caedmon65 wrote:
It isn’t possible to delete the Safari app or icon from your phone. You also might need to update your software. If you removed it from the Home Screen, go to the App Library, and search for “Safari”. Then drag the icon to the Home Screen.

It's possible. I just did it myself. It doesn't really remove the app since it's not actually deleted and won't free up storage like removing other apps, but the icon can definitely be wiped. Unlike non-built-in apps, it won't need to be recovered from the App Store.

How do I get the Safari app pack on my iPhone erased it by mistake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.