You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of specific iTunes iPhone backups to external disk (win 10)

Question regarding itunes iphone backup files on Win 10. Can I copy specific backups within the appdata directory and back them up on an external disk or do I need to take the entire folder? (I just want the latest backup backed up)

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 2:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 11:56 AM

You can backup as much or as little as you want. Realistically the problem is more likely to be getting iTunes to accept a restored backup should you decide you want to use today's archived backup of your device rather the updated backup you might make tomorrow. See Archive iPhone backup in Windows - Apple Community for some thoughts.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2022 11:56 AM in response to mbr177

You can backup as much or as little as you want. Realistically the problem is more likely to be getting iTunes to accept a restored backup should you decide you want to use today's archived backup of your device rather the updated backup you might make tomorrow. See Archive iPhone backup in Windows - Apple Community for some thoughts.

tt2

Transfer of specific iTunes iPhone backups to external disk (win 10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.