You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with IPOD Touch

my ipod will not shuffle. I have reset it with not improvement. Online support advised to turn off REPEAT.

I cannot find Repeat

Please help

Charles

iPod, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 5:43 AM

From what you have told us I assume that one song is being played over and over again. In other words, the iPod is in Repeat 1 mode.

I have a 6th generation iPod Touch, but I think the screen on the 7th generation is almost the same.

To turn off the Repeat 1 mode, go to the full size Now Playing screen:

• when a song is playing, you will see the Now Playing ribbon (in the Music app) at the bottom of the screen
  • to make the Now Playing screen full size, drag it upwards, until it occupies the whole screen. Take your finger off the screen
  • you can now drag the screen up to reveal additional controls below the play/pause button and volume bar
  • once you have lifted the Now Playing screen upwards, you will see a Shuffle butotn and a Repeat button. Tap the Repeta button to cycle through the options:
    • off- Repeat is off
    • Repeat - when the current list finishes, the iPod will play the same list again
    • Repeat 1 - when the current song finishes, it will play again
    • off

When the played is in Repeat 1 mode, you will see a small 1 in the repeat arrows. Here's a three-shots screenshot from my iPod:

• Left picture: Shuffle is on. Repeat is off
  • Middle picture: Shuffle is on. Repeat is on
  • Right picture: Shuffle is on. Repeat 1 is on

Tap the icon to cycle through each option.

If this is not your issue, please post back with more detail about the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2022 5:43 AM in response to greg_1970

From what you have told us I assume that one song is being played over and over again. In other words, the iPod is in Repeat 1 mode.

I have a 6th generation iPod Touch, but I think the screen on the 7th generation is almost the same.

To turn off the Repeat 1 mode, go to the full size Now Playing screen:

• when a song is playing, you will see the Now Playing ribbon (in the Music app) at the bottom of the screen
  • to make the Now Playing screen full size, drag it upwards, until it occupies the whole screen. Take your finger off the screen
  • you can now drag the screen up to reveal additional controls below the play/pause button and volume bar
  • once you have lifted the Now Playing screen upwards, you will see a Shuffle butotn and a Repeat button. Tap the Repeta button to cycle through the options:
    • off- Repeat is off
    • Repeat - when the current list finishes, the iPod will play the same list again
    • Repeat 1 - when the current song finishes, it will play again
    • off

When the played is in Repeat 1 mode, you will see a small 1 in the repeat arrows. Here's a three-shots screenshot from my iPod:

• Left picture: Shuffle is on. Repeat is off
  • Middle picture: Shuffle is on. Repeat is on
  • Right picture: Shuffle is on. Repeat 1 is on

Tap the icon to cycle through each option.

If this is not your issue, please post back with more detail about the problem.

Apr 2, 2022 6:55 AM in response to greg_1970

Neither the Airplane mode icon nor the Wi-Fi icon is on the Now Playing screen. In order to display the screen you see, I think that you're dragging from the menu below the Now Playing screen. Read on and look carefully at the screenshots below.

The screenshots below are taken from Apple's User Guide for iOS 15 ( iPod touch User Guide – Apple Support (UK) ):

In the picture above, the area (next to its screen) marked as Player is the Now Playing Ribbon. It appears on every screen in the Music player. You have to tap or drag from the specific area indicated (in the picture) as Player. If you drag from the menu below it (the one that says Listen Now - Browse - Radio - Library - Search), it will bring up the Control Centre box, which does include the Airplane and Wi-Fi icons.

• So, tap the ribbon (or drag it up) to reveal the full size Now Playing screen, which looks like the one below:

• In the next step, pay particular attention to where to drag from and where not to drag from
  • Drag the full size Now Playing screen up (from anywhere on the black area of the Now Playing screen) to reveal the additional controls, including the Shuffle and the Repeat buttons. Do not pull up from the white area below the Now Playing screen as this will reveal the Control Centre panel. Check my screenshot from my iPod in my previous post (to see the additional controls) and the screenshot below which indicates where those controls are hiding :

• If you pull up the Now Playing screen from the white area, you will see the wrong screen

Apr 2, 2022 6:02 AM in response to the fiend

I can slide the screen up and can see the additional controls such as airplane mode icon, wifi icon and others. I cannot slide this screen up to see the Shuffle butotn and a Repeat button.

I purchased this ipod 3 months ago

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Greg

Issue with IPOD Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.