You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update shipping address

My shipping address won’t update in the “Payments and Shipping” settings under “Apple ID”. How do I fix this? It has been like this for a few months.

When I try to update it and click done, nothing happens. I’ve tried waiting for several minutes and it just reverts back to the old address when I exit settings.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 1:58 PM

This is my first time posting so I don’t know what you mean by original poster here, but the issue isn’t that my address has changed, it’s that when I typed it in, I typed the zip code wrong. Everywhere else including my payment method, it’s right.

But I think I should contact Apple support so they can change it if I won’t be able to.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2022 1:58 PM in response to MrHoffman

This is my first time posting so I don’t know what you mean by original poster here, but the issue isn’t that my address has changed, it’s that when I typed it in, I typed the zip code wrong. Everywhere else including my payment method, it’s right.

But I think I should contact Apple support so they can change it if I won’t be able to.

Mar 27, 2022 1:05 PM in response to Nikolai_T

Nikolai_T wrote:

Why does it give me the option to edit it then? It’s not the address of my credit card, it’s just the default shipping address of my Apple ID. Surely I can somehow edit it, right?

Well… Scroll up and read how the original poster here was having issues with that very same sequence. 😉

Then confirm that the shipping address matches the shipping address set with your payment method. (Fraud can be an issue.)

And failing all that, check with Apple Support.

Mar 27, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Nikolai_T

Nikolai_T wrote:

Confirm your shipping address matches the shipping address on the payment method you are using.

To be clear, that is not what you are trying to enter at Apple (and failing), but rather the address of record associated with your payment method. Check your payment method shipping address with your financial provider.

If the shipping address associated with your payment method set with your financial provider is incorrect, then change that shipping address with your financial provider, and then—give the change an hour or more to circulate through the databases involved here—then try to change the shipping address again at Apple.

If your shipping address is correct with your financial provider, then contact Apple Support and discuss this with them. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage.

Can’t update shipping address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.