You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil Won’t Pair

Hi. I just updated my iPad to iPadOS 15.4 and grabbed my Apple Pencil which I haven’t used in years and went to connect it. It wasn’t working so I tried forgetting and pairing again. Now I get a pairing request but after I press the pair button nothing happens and the Apple Pencil doesn’t pair. Any help is greatly appreciated

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 8:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 11:33 AM

You mention a 6th Gen iPad, so I'm guessing you have a 1st Generation Pencil. According to your initial post, you were never able to pair the device, so I'm not sure what you are referring to when you said that it briefly worked yesterday. What do you mean how could a battery fail if it's at zero. Zero charge means there is minimal battery. It may have been an anomaly that it connected briefly, but I would get the device checked by Apple to determine what it is.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2022 11:33 AM in response to Meteor24

You mention a 6th Gen iPad, so I'm guessing you have a 1st Generation Pencil. According to your initial post, you were never able to pair the device, so I'm not sure what you are referring to when you said that it briefly worked yesterday. What do you mean how could a battery fail if it's at zero. Zero charge means there is minimal battery. It may have been an anomaly that it connected briefly, but I would get the device checked by Apple to determine what it is.

Apple Pencil Won’t Pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.