You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Capitalizing The Word "Kindly"

Looks like this question has been asked before, but still no answer:

Whenever I type "Kindly" -- like I did just now-- it automatically gets capitalized. If I go back and correct it to "kindly" it remains lower case. This happens across all apps.

I have checked in all of the auto correct or text replacement I can find, and I can assure you that there are no options specifically pertaining to the word Kindly.

Again: I looked in system preferences, and although I do have a few autocorrect options, "Kindly" is not one of them.

Finally, if I highlight the word, there is no "unlearn" option. The problem seems to be at a deeper level. Please help!

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 11:09 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2022 11:45 AM in response to BDAqua

What I was getting at is that the word "Kindly" would not be accidentally added, as this word is already in the dictionary. It is obviously not a "special" word, so the OS's dictionary already has it in it's lexicon.

I suppose the question to be answered is how does one access the actual dictionary in the OS?

Mac Capitalizing The Word "Kindly"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.