You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 not recognizing flashdrives

Very recently, my MacBook, Monterey Version 12.2.1 is not recognizing flash drives, none--not just a particular one. I do connect the gadget to be able to plug in USBs and it does recognize an external hard drive which I use for backups, just the flash drives are not recognized and it had been seeing them. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide--

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 12:40 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2022 5:09 PM in response to my ginger

the MacBook Pro does not have USB ports so you must have a hub to use USB drives. It has worked until recently and, after speaking with an Apple support personnel, appears to be directly related to the Monterey update which is a pain. So, I'm going to try to purchase a new flash drive as Monterey may only support hubs using 3.0 versions of flash drives. The hub works as I plug in the power for the MacBook to charge as well as an external hard drive for the time machine backups. It may also be a matter of waiting for another upgrade to Monterey. Thanks for your efforts, though.

macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 not recognizing flashdrives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.