You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permission to access new folder

I have created a folder on my desktop into which I am trying to transfer a year's worth of Photos( I want to do the same for a number of years to archive them on an external HD to save space).

Howeve, while the majority have exported just fine, I am getting the same message for some the photos which says I don't have permission to access the folder I have just created - why might this be?

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 11:21 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 22, 2022 12:07 AM in response to PaulSG

Do you have exceeded your cloud storage or do you still have plenty of free cloud storage?

There have been plenty of problems with Apple's cloud servers tonight, which are now shown as resolved. You may want to try again later: Apple - Support - System Status

Restart your Mac, make sure, you are signed into iCloud and have enough free storage, both on your Mac and in iCloud, then try again.

Permission to access new folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.