You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

launchpad keeps opening randomly

Launchpad keeps opening randomly on my MacBook Pro 16", 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. This started yesterday out of nowhere. I'm not accidentally hitting the key nor am I hitting the touchpad. It happens whether I use a wireless keyboard (mac) or the MacBook keypad. I have to hit esc to close it and it interrupts my work. It happens both when I am typing and when I'm not.

In System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts/Launchpad & Dock Show Launchpad is NOT CHECKED. In System Preferences/Trackpad/More Gestures Launchpad (pinch with thumb and three fingers) is NOT CHECKED.

I removed the Launchpad icon from the Dock. But still it opens randomly. I have 43GB of 500GB of available storage on my computer.

I don't use Launchpad and will gladly get rid of it if it solves the problem.

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 6:13 PM

If you have only 43 GB of free space on you drive, you need to do some cleaning. You need a minimum of 10% free space. To check if it's a software problem, try running in safe mode.Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support You could also reinstall your operating system.How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

launchpad keeps opening randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.