You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update my mini Mac OS software to a later version 10.15

can my mini Mac 2014 (late version) OS 10.13.6 be upgraded

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:43 AM

Mac mini late 2014 is compatible with Monterey, the current macOS version.

Upgrade to macOS Monterey - Official Apple Support

You will want to confirm all of your apps are 64-bit or can be updated or upgraded or replaced with 64-bit versions, that your printer and scanner vendors have drivers available for Monterey. You can use the Go64 tool to find the 32-bit apps that will need to be replaced or upgraded or retired. This list of apps that will need upgrades to 64-bit apps includes Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier, which are 32-bit apps, and which will not work on macOS Catalina and newer—and all of which means acquiring newer Office version, or migrating to one of the available alternatives.

Have a backup prior to upgrade

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2022 11:43 AM in response to maxila2000

Mac mini late 2014 is compatible with Monterey, the current macOS version.

Upgrade to macOS Monterey - Official Apple Support

You will want to confirm all of your apps are 64-bit or can be updated or upgraded or replaced with 64-bit versions, that your printer and scanner vendors have drivers available for Monterey. You can use the Go64 tool to find the 32-bit apps that will need to be replaced or upgraded or retired. This list of apps that will need upgrades to 64-bit apps includes Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier, which are 32-bit apps, and which will not work on macOS Catalina and newer—and all of which means acquiring newer Office version, or migrating to one of the available alternatives.

Have a backup prior to upgrade

Can I update my mini Mac OS software to a later version 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.