You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How best to view entirety of long song titles in iTunes?

This has been a problem for at least a decade and it's hard to believe it hasn't been effectively addressed yet: An iTunes track listing will only show roughly the first 30 characters of a song title. So if an album has several versions of the same song, there's no easy way to determine which version is which.

This is what I see, for example, when I call up "Ain't No Mountain High Enough: The Remix Album" by Diana Ross. There are a total of nine tracks, but the information that differentiates each track is almost entirely hidden—including the length of each track. A long press on each track allows for viewing an additional 20 or so characters, but that often still does not give the full track title, and the track length is still unavailable.

It is not unusual to have a song named something like "Here's the Title of a Song (featuring Guest Singer) (Star DJ Extended Dance Mix)" and "Here's the Title of a Song (Star DJ Instrumental Dub)" on an EP. If ITunes can't rotate to show these titles in landscape mode, at least the long press should give the full track information (maybe using a condensed font if necessary) and add the track length.

I wonder if others who share this frustration have other suggestions for how to deal with this problem?

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 5:20 AM

If you want to view entirety of long song titles in iTunes, you need to tap Library -> Album -> tap on an Album -> then scroll down.

Similar questions

1 reply

How best to view entirety of long song titles in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.