You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 + DisplayLink + Monterey 12.3

I've just installed Monterey 12.3 on a Mac Mini M1 16G. It has a displaylink adaptor driving 2x further displays.

Everything working well previously. Now on main (HDMI) monitor I can't resize any window. On the two extended (DisplayLink) displays I can resize as normal - can even drag window from main display to an extended one, resize and drag back. Right click on backdrop doesn't work on main display either.

I usually have a remote desktop session open full screen on one of the extended displays - this now minimises every time I open a safari window.

Things seem utterly broken and I don't see an easy route to roll back?

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 8:21 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 16, 2022 8:27 AM in response to thowat

Hi thowat,

Does the same issue happen in a temporary new user? We ask because a temporary new user doesn't have any changed or custom settings, which can help start isolating an issue to see if it is system-wide or with your current user: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

If you wish to go back to a different macOS, you can use Time Machine to do so (if you have a Time Machine backup from a different macOS version) or you can backup your content, erase your drive, and reinstall macOS. Depending on what you'd like to do, the articles below might be helpful to you:

Take care!

Mac Mini M1 + DisplayLink + Monterey 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.