You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Facetime icon in upper right corner when texting

Why is it when I go to text certain people, I see a blue Facetime icon in upper right corner? I dont even have Facetime enabled because I dont use it.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 12:01 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2022 10:58 AM in response to mclark100

Hi mclark100,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to know why you see a FaceTime icon in Messages.

FaceTime is part of the iOS and comes included with your iPhone. If your contact is also using an iOS device, iPad, or Mac, they can associate their telephone number with FaceTime and Messages as well. The iOS doesn't include a feature which would allow you to remove FaceTime from your messages. You can learn more here: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2022 8:50 AM in response to Miche11e_P

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that it's part of the IOS, but I completely turned off FaceTime in the settings. I would think that, after turning it off, it wouldn't show up anywhere.

Plus I don't seem to remember seeing the icon there until relatively recently. Maybe after an update.

It's not a huge deal, but I dont understand why it would only show when I'm texting certain people.

Anyway, thanks for your time!

Blue Facetime icon in upper right corner when texting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.