You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just accepted a free 3 month trial on Apple Music, to benchmark vs my current Spotify subscription. However I now understand I took an individual plan. Can I now switch to a family plan or I would lose the remainder of my free trial?

I have just accepted a free 3 month trial on Apple Music, to benchmark vs my current Spotify subscription. However I now understand I took an individual plan, whereas I have a family plan on Spotify. Can I now switch to a family plan or I would lose the remainder of my free trial?

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 3:38 PM

Free trials are only for individual subs. If you change to a family subscription now you'll be charged. Wait till a day before the free trial expires to upgrade.

1 reply

I have just accepted a free 3 month trial on Apple Music, to benchmark vs my current Spotify subscription. However I now understand I took an individual plan. Can I now switch to a family plan or I would lose the remainder of my free trial?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.