You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book pro screen crack

Hello apple community,

I just purchsed a mac book pro - brand new, not refurbished - and the screen cracked spontaneously - it looks very much like a pressure crack, however it is not. the computer has been used twice and has not moved from my desk since I bought it... I did not close any objects in the computer, and I did not drop it or hit it...

what do I do about this? After looking at previous posts, it seems this is a common problem

regards

Ryan Snyder MD

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 6:30 AM

You sure the screen is cracked? Check your Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Desktop and Screen Savers -> Desktop and pick a generic single color background. If the whole screen appears cracked across existing windows, that's one thing. If it is just the wallpaper looking cracked, that's not a crack, but in my opinion a poorly designed wallpaper for the desktop.

When the latest M1 Macs choice desktop was shown upon release, I was stunned. It looked exactly like certain cracked LCDs that I had seen came in computers that were improperly shipped back to the company I was working at.

It is very hard to prove a crack was not caused by some act of your own negligence. We are just end users in an Apple moderated forum. Bring it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider, and let them make the determination with you what the cause is. Hopefully you bought AppleCare+ which offers a few accidents in protection.

Be sure if you do have them ship it back to Apple, to get a case # before it is sent out, so you can follow up on what happened.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2022 6:30 AM in response to ryanesnyder

You sure the screen is cracked? Check your Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Desktop and Screen Savers -> Desktop and pick a generic single color background. If the whole screen appears cracked across existing windows, that's one thing. If it is just the wallpaper looking cracked, that's not a crack, but in my opinion a poorly designed wallpaper for the desktop.

When the latest M1 Macs choice desktop was shown upon release, I was stunned. It looked exactly like certain cracked LCDs that I had seen came in computers that were improperly shipped back to the company I was working at.

It is very hard to prove a crack was not caused by some act of your own negligence. We are just end users in an Apple moderated forum. Bring it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider, and let them make the determination with you what the cause is. Hopefully you bought AppleCare+ which offers a few accidents in protection.

Be sure if you do have them ship it back to Apple, to get a case # before it is sent out, so you can follow up on what happened.

mac book pro screen crack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.