You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout pausing during workout

Hi,

I couldn’t respond to the other thread as it’d been closed.

Subject says it all. Halfway through a run and my exercise is paused. I followed all instructions on the other thread and it still happens.

Brand new top spec Apple watch (can’t remember what it’s called but it’s the latest one).

Coming from a fitbit to this is a MASSIVE disappointment. I want to be able to tell it when to stop recording. Literally nothing else should stop it recording other than me having to tap in some safe/locked way to stop it. It’s quite pathetic from Apple.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:29 AM

Did you try the steps in the 'Get reminders to end your workout' section of:

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you don’t respond to the notification or you dismiss it, your workout continues until you choose to end or pause. To turn this setting on or off, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Workout, then go to End Workout Reminder.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:29 AM in response to robeevans87

Did you try the steps in the 'Get reminders to end your workout' section of:

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you don’t respond to the notification or you dismiss it, your workout continues until you choose to end or pause. To turn this setting on or off, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Workout, then go to End Workout Reminder.

Workout pausing during workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.