You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Highlighted items from PCs to my IOS devices 100% opaque in PDFs

Im a construction site supervisor/carpenter. I use an Ipad and an Iphone for reviewing PDF files of the projects. Not mac, not PC. The office professionals work on PCs, and send me marked up PDFs, anything that has been highlighted or marked up at a 25% opacity shows up on my IOS devices at 100% opacity.

I’ve tried reviewing it in outlook mail app, apple native email app, same issue exists as soon as I oped the attached PDF.

My PDF editor and converter apps can not fix this opacity issue for me.

Attached you can see that the reviewing office professional of this millwork has highlighted some dimensions, and I can not see through the annotation.

Does anyone know how to fix or what the compatibility issue is from PC to IOS?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 6:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:29 AM

Are you attempting to view PDFs using the native file viewer - or are you instead using a fully-functional commercial PDF viewer App such as Adobe Reader?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/adobe-acrobat-reader-edit-pdf/id469337564

While PDF Files are intended to be universally readable, some PDF viewer software can (and will often) fail to properly render some PDF documents.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 7:29 AM in response to Meatballsandwich

Are you attempting to view PDFs using the native file viewer - or are you instead using a fully-functional commercial PDF viewer App such as Adobe Reader?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/adobe-acrobat-reader-edit-pdf/id469337564

While PDF Files are intended to be universally readable, some PDF viewer software can (and will often) fail to properly render some PDF documents.

Mar 11, 2022 10:09 AM in response to LotusPilot

Wow, just like that the problem is solved.

Thank you!

I use PDF expert by Readdle to annotate and file all of my project documents.

There are alot of construction drawings to review, mark up, etc.

Its a really good app, but it can’t render the opacity of a PDF properly the way Adobe Reader can.

I’m so glad to have learned this today.

Highlighted items from PCs to my IOS devices 100% opaque in PDFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.