You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 Intel I5 restart errors

Hello,

A year ago I replaced my 2012 MBP for this one. I use an external screen, first through an SITECOM USB-C 2 HDMI Hub.

A lot of the time when I want to use the MBP after it went to sleep, it needed to boot up instead of wake up. After the restart I got a problem report which was blank most of the time.

Many users have this problem, I read on the internet and a third party HDMI hub like the Sitecom should be the cause. So I bought an Apple usb-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, like a week ago.

Today, with the Apple adapter, I wanted to 'wake' the MBP after 15 min. not using it and again (I think that only the screen turned off), it reboots. Now with this report.

I was hoping that this issue would be resolved with an Apple adapter, but I'm afraid it didn't help.

I don't know what I can do to resolve this.

kind regards

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 2:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 9:36 AM

DiTn75 wrote:

I use an external screen, first through an SITECOM USB-C 2 HDMI Hub.

A lot of the time when I want to use the MBP after it went to sleep, it needed to boot up instead of wake up. After the restart I got a problem report which was blank most of the time.

Many users have this problem, I read on the internet and a third party HDMI hub like the Sitecom should be the cause. So I bought an Apple usb-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, like a week ago.

Today, with the Apple adapter, I wanted to 'wake' the MBP after 15 min. not using it and again (I think that only the screen turned off), it reboots. Now with this report.

<error log.log>

I was hoping that this issue would be resolved with an Apple adapter, but I'm afraid it didn't help.

kind regards

Bypass the hub if you continue to have an issue with no resolve

Verify your software is up to date:

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

On the Intel Mac you can try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Can you run the user Diagnostic...not as definitive as Apple's own AST2 (Apple Service Toolkit) back bench diagnostic, but may kick out an error code.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2022 9:36 AM in response to DiTn75

DiTn75 wrote:

I use an external screen, first through an SITECOM USB-C 2 HDMI Hub.

<error log.log>

kind regards

Bypass the hub if you continue to have an issue with no resolve

Verify your software is up to date:

On the Intel Mac you can try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Can you run the user Diagnostic...not as definitive as Apple's own AST2 (Apple Service Toolkit) back bench diagnostic, but may kick out an error code.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.