You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep tracking

So originally when I got my series 5 my watch would record time in bed and time asleep. Ever since around the time I got my series 7 in December it has only been able to track time in bed. I’ve searched through all the settings and forums for this issue and have found nothing. I don’t know if the new watch has anything to do with it or if this is a bug. Also for a second issue when sleep mode turns on at night my watch’s screen won’t dim at all unless I turn sleep mode off and back on. Thanks

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 7:09 PM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2022 7:32 PM in response to colby226

Yes there's a sleep app (bed icon see below)

Set up Sleep on Apple Watch

1. Open the Sleep app  on your Apple Watch.
  2. Follow the onscreen instructions.

You can also open the Health app on iPhone, tap Browse, tap Sleep, then tap Get Started (under Set Up Sleep).

On your Watch

In the App View, it will be easier to find if you activate List View (instead of Grid View) by long pressing on the screen. In List View all the apps are listed alphabetically so scroll down to where Shazam, Shortcuts, .... Sleep.

Mar 2, 2022 7:16 PM in response to ckuan

This unfortunately did not help me. For one there’s no sleep app on my watch, I tried going to the App Store to see if I had deleted it but it’s not there. Two I double checked my sleep options and sleep tracking is on. The only thing I can think of is maybe background app refresh being off but sleep isn’t in the list of apps.

Sleep tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.