You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Macro Control option in my camera settings

My iPhone 13 ios 15.3.1 does not have the macro control toggle. What should I do? I can’t use macro photography :(

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 3:47 PM

I had the same question and learned from Apple the Macro toggle control does not exist as an option for the iPhone 13, only on the iPhone 13 Pro series.....I was trying to take close ups that were always out of focus or fuzzy.....in order to take a close up photo that is in focus one needs to hold or apply pressure to the "0.5" or the "1x" buttons to display the "magnification" wheel/scale which allows you to make adjustments in the magnification.....one also needs to be moving the camera back from the subject to obtain the desired focus at the desired magnification.....at least that is the way I've figured out so far how to get a crisp image of the subject when performing a close up photo

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2022 3:47 PM in response to patty1994

I had the same question and learned from Apple the Macro toggle control does not exist as an option for the iPhone 13, only on the iPhone 13 Pro series.....I was trying to take close ups that were always out of focus or fuzzy.....in order to take a close up photo that is in focus one needs to hold or apply pressure to the "0.5" or the "1x" buttons to display the "magnification" wheel/scale which allows you to make adjustments in the magnification.....one also needs to be moving the camera back from the subject to obtain the desired focus at the desired magnification.....at least that is the way I've figured out so far how to get a crisp image of the subject when performing a close up photo

No Macro Control option in my camera settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.