You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to allow deletions of reminders?

I created a shortcut to delete all Completed Reminders. When I run the shortcut, I get a message saying that the deletion of 4,396 reminders is not allowed. The message says that I can change this restriction in Settings. The message gives me two options: OK and Show. When I click Show, I go to the Shortcut step which deletes the reminders and there is a warning saying that I can change this in Settings. My question is: Where in Settings can you allow the deletion of Completed Reminders?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:49 AM

Hi there cbarnett88,

We understand you're trying to delete completed reminders on your iPhone.

We'd like to share a resource that can help.

Check it out here: Organize lists in Reminders on iPhone

Specifically, the "Create, edit, or delete lists and groups" section may help.

Regards.

3 replies

Mar 1, 2022 1:26 PM in response to Erica_S1

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, your answer does not address my question. My question was how to respond to a message stating that I could allow deletions in settings. I couldn't find anything in settings to allow reminder deletions. The answer I need is probably going to require a very specific response, such as go here, click this, go here, etc.

How to allow deletions of reminders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.