You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud payment email

I have gotten two email warnings from Apple that my .99 charge for iCloud storage can’t be billed this month and to verify my payment info in my phone. I have been paying this with the same cc for years and even followed the directions and reenter the info in my Apple payments on phone. (It said this payment method is already on file). What is up?

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:49 AM

Yes it does seem like that but the email doesn’t have any links. It simple tells me to go into settings in my iPhone and update the payment information. This could be a phishing scam but if so, I don’t understand it.

I can wait two more days and see if Apple downgrades my iCloud as the email describes since they can’t collect the $.99.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Yes it does seem like that but the email doesn’t have any links. It simple tells me to go into settings in my iPhone and update the payment information. This could be a phishing scam but if so, I don’t understand it.

I can wait two more days and see if Apple downgrades my iCloud as the email describes since they can’t collect the $.99.

Feb 27, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Toucan12

Hey there, Toucan12!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

We want to help you get your payment information sorted out. We're thinking that these emails may very well be a phishing attempt or spam. Phishing attempts are basically attempts by scammers to try and extract personal or financial information by sending fake emails pretending to be Apple. If you think this may be phishing, you can find more here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

If it doesn't look like a phishing attempt, reply back to this thread and the community may be able to look into it further with you.

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

iCloud payment email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.