You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locating only the charging case?

The support article states,

“If you lose your Powerbeats Pro, Beats Studio Buds, or Beats Fit Pro earbuds OR CHARGING CASE, you can use Find Myto find them.”

Great! That clearly says I can use Find My to locate my lost charging case….. the question is how?? Sure it can locate the earbuds, but they’re sitting in front of me, but it’s the case I’ve lost - so how does Find My locate it???

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:24 PM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2022 1:25 PM in response to Nico-la

Hello Nico-la,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you want to know how to locate your charging case using Find My. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Here is a resource that can help.

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"See it on a map

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Devices or Items tab.
  3. Select the device or item to see its location on the map. If you belong to a Family Sharing group, you can see the devices in your group.
  4. Choose Directions to open its location in Maps.

If you turn on Find My network, you can see your device or item's location even if it's not connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. The Find My network is an encrypted anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices that can help you locate your device or item. 

Don't see your device?

You might not have Find My turned on. If your device is powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple, you can't see your device's location. Learn how you can still protect your information.

Play a sound

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Devices tab or the Items tab.
  3. Select your missing device or item, then choose Play Sound. If your device is offline, it won't play a sound until it connects to a network. If the AirTag attached to your item is out of Bluetooth range, your AirTag won't play a sound until it's within range. 

For 24 hours after your last use, your iPhone will also notify you if you leave your AirPods or Beats products out of Bluetooth range when you're not in a significant location like home or work. Learn more about Notify When Left Behind. "

Cheers!

Locating only the charging case?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.