You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac goes to sleep repeatedly while trying to export from Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder

Hi there!

Lately my computer is going into sleep mode when I export video content. I start a render and within a minute my iMac goes into sleep mode. I wake it up and it chugs along until it goes to sleep again. This only happens when exporting from Premiere or Media Encoder.

This had happened previously on really large exports of content that was two hours in length.

Now it is happening with every export.

Any ideas on what might be the problem? Thanks!

Machine specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 2:04 PM

As a test, try unchecking Enable Power Nap and test to see if the problem remains.

I use Premiere and Media Encoder without the sleeping issue on my computer/drives.

I would also ask over on the Adobe Premiere Pro forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all&tabid=all

MtD

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2022 2:04 PM in response to Trusty_Dusty

As a test, try unchecking Enable Power Nap and test to see if the problem remains.

I use Premiere and Media Encoder without the sleeping issue on my computer/drives.

I would also ask over on the Adobe Premiere Pro forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all&tabid=all

MtD

iMac goes to sleep repeatedly while trying to export from Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.