You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I allow a safety app to track on my child’s phone when you block tracking

How can I allow a safety app to track on my child’s phone when you block tracking? How do I by pass your blocking tracking

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 4:26 PM

If the app is not being permitted access to location information, then either enable that access for the app on the iPhone, or contact the app vendor for assistance.

Again, location tracking requires the permission of the tracked person.

An app store app should allow location access and tracking once the user has installed the app and has approved access to location data and this setup should be covered in the app documentation, or the app has issues or bugs that you'll want to discuss with the app developer support team, or there are other issues (and unstated) issues arising here, such as this location data access being overridden and disabled on the device, or maybe a bug somewhere.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2022 4:26 PM in response to Kepela1

If the app is not being permitted access to location information, then either enable that access for the app on the iPhone, or contact the app vendor for assistance.

Again, location tracking requires the permission of the tracked person.

An app store app should allow location access and tracking once the user has installed the app and has approved access to location data and this setup should be covered in the app documentation, or the app has issues or bugs that you'll want to discuss with the app developer support team, or there are other issues (and unstated) issues arising here, such as this location data access being overridden and disabled on the device, or maybe a bug somewhere.

Feb 18, 2022 1:36 PM in response to Kepela1

We’re other users and not Apple. We aren’t blocking your efforts.

Apple provides Find My. Is that not working here?

As for stalkerware generally, apps in that market are notorious for misuse by abusive exes and worse, and as for compromising users’ privacy and security and safety, well past the expectations of those that install these apps. Breaches of collected data have happened, too.

Log your feedback with Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

Feb 18, 2022 3:35 PM in response to Kepela1

Kepela1 wrote:

...I’m guessing you don’t know the answer either if there’s a way to allow a particular app to bypass the block

Location tracking requires the permission of the tracked.

If you find a way around that explicit permission requirement, please do let Apple know so that they can block it.

What to do? Use Find My, which is available generally, and also available and supported within Family Sharing.

As for your request for tracking (stalking) apps, log some feedback with Apple and request support be added.

How can I allow a safety app to track on my child’s phone when you block tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.