You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore my iPod Touch 1st Gen?

For more information, this iPod Touch most likely runs iOS 3.1.3 (hope that helps). I hadn't used it for years, then two years ago I turn it back on and it says "iPod is disabled. Please try again in 10,195,050 minutes". That is 19 years to wait to unlock this 15 year old device. We have tried putting it into the recovery mode and restoring it through iTunes, and it can't do it for some reason. Around a year ago, we brought it to an Apple Store and they couldn't do anything to fix it. As far as I am concerned, I can't find any other way to unlock this iPod again. Is there any other way to be able to get by the bug? Does anyone have an iOS 3.1.3 IPSW for iPod?

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 8:09 PM

If you forgot the passcode on your iPod touch, or your iPod touch is disabled - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211080

2 replies

Feb 16, 2022 6:35 AM in response to Ethan_Lev

Putting it in DFU mode then restoring it should work. Power off your iPod Touch by holding the power button and sliding the slider. Connect the USB end of the charging cable to your computer, then open iTunes. Hold down the home button on the iPod then connect the other end of the cable into the iPod while holding the home button. You should see a sign showing a 30-pin cable and an arrow pointing to the iTunes logo (a very old one, especially since you're on iOS 3.1.3 or earlier). Then click restore on the pop up you see in iTunes. Allow some time to complete. If that doesn't work and you need an IPSW, go to ipsw.me and you can find one there (I think if you change the date back on your mac you can actually use unsigned IPSWs as well).

How can I restore my iPod Touch 1st Gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.